We believe in fostering a work environment that supports the Spiritual Wellbeing of our employees. As part of this commitment, we have introduced Spiritual Wellbeing Leave - up to 8 hours of time for each eligible Baylor staff employee, which provides an opportunity for individuals to engage in activities that nurture their spiritual selves.
Please keep in mind that this time will need to be approved in advance by your supervisor and will expire on August 31, 2024. Similar to our sick time, the hours are prorated based on full-time equivalency (FTE) and has no cash value.
While each individual will determine what works best for their spiritual walk with God, this guide aims to help you make the most of this dedicated time by offering suggestions and recommendations. Here are some ideas to consider:
1. Reflective Practices:
- Bible Study: Set aside time to read through scripture and other accompanying books that support a focused intent on connecting with God.
- Journaling: Reflect on your thoughts, emotions, and experiences by exploring your inner self through writing.
- Prayer: Engage in deliberate communication and reflection with God.
2. Nature Connection:
- Outdoor Walks: Spend time in nature, whether it's a nearby park or a green space on campus. Take in the beauty around you and reconnect with the natural world.
- Gardening: Engage in gardening activities, such as planting, nurturing plants, or tending to a small indoor garden. It can provide a sense of peace and connection to God’s beautiful nature.
3. Creative Expression:
- Artistic Pursuits: Engage in activities like painting, drawing, sculpting, or any form of creative expression that resonates with you.
- Music: Play an instrument, listen to soothing music, or explore sound healing practices to uplift your spirits.
4. Community Engagement:
- Volunteer Work: Engage in activities that serve others and align with your values, such as supporting a local charity or community project.
Remember, Spiritual Wellbeing Leave is a dedicated opportunity for personal growth, self-reflection, and rejuvenation. We encourage you to embrace Spiritual Wellbeing Leave as an opportunity for self-care and personal growth with God. By nurturing your spiritual wellbeing, you enhance your overall sense of fulfillment, happiness, and balance, both in your personal and professional life. If you have any questions or need further guidance, feel free to reach out to the HR department or your supervisor.